Thursday, October 11, 2012

War divides siblings on opposite sides of undeath

-->
Brother against brother; human against zombie. Like soldiers from the Civil War, siblings Zach and Cambry Peterson have found themselves on opposite sides of a battle for the souls of a nation.
Zach Peterson is part of the small human resistance group that has been struggling for survival against an army of undead zombies – an army that includes his sister.
“I know what it’s like to fight them,” Zach Peterson said. “The zombies are not going to win, not as long as I have a brain in my body or a bullet in my gun.”
Although Zach Peterson survived the zombie apocalypse of 2011, he wasn’t always such a belligerent fighter.
“I only survived last time because I was afraid to go out there and fight,” he said. “I decided that there had to be some way to guarantee that I would survive. There was only one solution: hide.”
Zach Peterson hid in his dorm room for three days until the zombie invasion ended.
“I was there when he ran away,” Cambry Peterson said.
She’s never forgiven him.
Since becoming a zombie, Cambry Peterson said, she’s found herself obsessed with retribution and is personally targeting her brother, hoping to doom him to the same fate of mindless wandering she now suffers.
“We’ll make sure that he joins the zombies before this is over,” she said.
Zach Peterson doesn’t intend to let that happen — to himself or anyone else.
 “I am living proof that, while cowardly, my strategy worked,” Zach Peterson said. “Humans survived to fight another day but now that day is upon us. We have to work together if we are going to win the day again. I am not hiding this time.”
UnDeadline reporters Erin Davies, Jonathan Larson, Kellianne Smith and Natalie Thatcher contributed to this report.